PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT IS COLLECTED
Personal information is generally defined by applicable privacy or data protection laws as information about an identifiable individual. An identifiable individual is one who can be identified directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or by one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that individual.
You may choose to give us personal information when you use our Services or access certain functions of a Service. This information may include your name, phone number, e-mail address, postal address, company name, billing and shipping information, date of birth and other relevant information about you or your company.
Certain security-specific features of our Services may scan and analyse your files or network for security vulnerabilities and automatically collect certain information, such as IP address, device ID, MAC address, Mobile/PC environment, file metadata, URLs, Domains and IP addresses of websites visited, user or application behaviors, personal information contained within email content or files to which Mondata is provided access, information from suspicious emails, including sender and receiver email address, and attachments, network connection information, debug logs, network architecture/topology or screen capture of errors.
Other personal information is automatically collected when you use our Website, including your IP address, the domain name and host from which you access the internet, the pages of a Website that you visit, your browsing history, your browser software or operating system and your browser’s country setting.
We use the personal information described above for legitimate purposes which are detailed in the next section.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information that you provide when you use or access certain functionalities of our Services, including when you participate in the following activities:
- Using security-related functions of our Services.
- Consulting the content on our Website.
- Ordering or purchasing our Services.
- Registering for, providing and administering the Services.
- Requesting technical support.
- Subscribing to our mailing list, newsletter and email communication in order to receive our latest news.
- Communicating with us to ask a question, submit a comment or file a complaint (customer service).
- Management database and customer relationship management (CRM).
- Promotions or contests.
- Applying for a job with Mondata
In general, the personal information that is collected is used to administer and deliver the Services. To help you better understand how your personal information will be used, you will find below a more detailed explanation on how your personal information will be used in relation to specific activities.
Using security-related functions of our Services. Our Services collect and use the personal information provided by users to perform security-related functions, such as analyzing data to identify security vulnerabilities, provide guidance to users and to protect against viruses, malware, hacking or other security threats. Certain Services may store your data for back up purposes. Certain Services may store your data for back up purposes.
Consulting the content on our Website. Our Website provide the possibility to view and request information on the products and services offered by Mondata. When consulting the information on our Website, we will collect and store information regarding your use of the Website including but not limited to (i) the pages visited (ii) the information viewed and (iii) the date and time of access.
Ordering or purchasing our Services. When you order a Service, or request a quote or a demonstration, by communicating with us through a Website form, e-mail or other means, we will use the personal information that is collected to process your request, to complete your transaction using the payment services offered by our preferred third-party payment services provider and when applicable, to deliver any information you may request on the Service.
Registering for, providing and administering the Services. You may be required to register and create a user account which will be used to verify your identity when you access a Service. We will also use your personal information that is collected to notify you about the administration of your user account and to allow use of those features on the Service that are reserved to certain account holders. Furthermore, we will collect information about your use of a Service to enable certain product features to operate, to improve the user experience, to generally improve and develop our Services, to inform our clients on the overall use of the Service and to provide training and support, to send technical notices, updates and security alerts.
Technical Support. If you require technical support for a Service, we will collect your name, company name, title, phone number and business address. This information is used to allow us to contact you and to provide you with the technical support.
Subscribing to our mailing list, newsletter and email communication. Sometimes, we may collect personal information to send you emails containing our latest news, products, services or promotions as well as those of third parties to whom we are linked. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at all times by following the instructions provided at the end of every email. You can also unsubscribe from our mailing list by following the instructions set out in the section titled “Contact us” below or directly from within the communications by using the inserted hyperlink. Your request will be processed within the statutory timeframes.
Communicating with us to ask a question, submit a comment or file a complaint (customer service). If you choose to send us an electronic feedback form or to send comments, questions or feedback via email, we collect some personal information as well as your comments, suggestions and feedback. This personal information is used to respond to your comments, questions or feedback We can also keep this information to help you in the future. We can also use your comments, suggestions and feedback to monitor and/or enhance our products and service offerings and our Services.
Management database and customer relationship management (CRM). When you participate in one of the above-mentioned activities, we collect personal information provided to complete and update our customer relationship database. In this context, the personal information collected is used to manage the relationship with customers, to generate mailing lists, to follow up with potential clients and to create internal reports on relationships between Mondata and its clients to monitor and/or enhance our Services..
Promotions or contests. When you participate in a campaign, referral promotion, or online contest, giveaway, promotion or special offer, we collect personal information about you in order to manage the campaign, promotion, contest or special offer. We use the personal information collected to communicate with or notify you about the campaign, promotion, contest or special offer, award prizes and generally to manage your participation.
Applying for a job with Mondata. When you apply for a job with Mondata, either online or otherwise, we collect personal information about you as set out in your application. We use that personal information in order to evaluate and process your application and your interest in employment with us, to communicate with you about your application, and to manage our recruitment needs.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
Consulting the content on our Website. When you browse our Website, information pertaining to your user behavior is collected by cookies and other technological means, as further described below. This personal information is used to personalize the content displayed on our Services and to improve the content recommendations intended for you.
IP addresses and navigation routes. We collect the IP addresses (internet protocol) of all visitors to our Website and their browsing history, as well as other information such as the pages visited immediately before or after our Website, the pages requested, the type of browser, the operating system, your internet service provider, the number of times you have visited our Website and the date and average time you spend on our Website. We use this information to administer, monitor and improve our Website sand to analyze trends and usage patterns.
Cookies and other technologies. Some of our Services may use a technology called “cookies”. A cookie is a tiny element of data that is sent to your device, which may then be stored on your device so we can identify you as an authorized user of our Services. The information recorded by cookies is encrypted and only Mondata is in a position to read the content of cookies in order to identify authorized users. You may set your web browser or other device to notify you when you receive a cookie or to not accept certain cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from our Services, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the features of our Services.
A professional web analysis service. We can also use third parties, including Google and Zoho, to:
- Remarket, which consists of advertising to individuals who have already visited our Website through other websites including through Google Analytics (internet audience analytics solution); in such a case, relevant third parties, including Google, may advertise our content on sites across the internet;
- Use the following features of Google Analytics: the creation of reports based on the saved impressions on Google Display Network (a service that lets you place ads on a variety of news sites, blogs and other niche sites) to attract more potential customers; integration with DoubleClick Campaign Manager (management tool including a set of features used for advertising as well as targeting and monitoring advertising campaigns on websites and mobile devices linked to them, as well as the creation of Google Analytics reports on the demographic data of internet users and their interests);
- Use the following features of Zoho Sales IQ: analyzing page views, integrating with Zoho CRM to add and synchronize lead data, analyzing content performance, obtaining lead lists from our Website, using personalized chatbots, determining visitor engagement levels, and scoring leads for the purpose of communicating only with actual leads.
- Collect, analyze and/or gather your personal information (such as internet users’ IP address, sex, age and interests), as well as create Google Analytics reports on the demographic data of internet users and their interests, in order to help us understand how visitors interact with our website and to improve our products and our websites.
The companies conducting remarketing can combine the use of first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies for example), and third-party cookies (like DoubleClick cookies), to (i) gather personal information; (ii) to inform, optimize and advertise based on your previous visits on our Website; and (iii) to determine the relationship between the registered visits to our Website and the advertising impressions, the other uses of advertising services and the interactions with these advertising impressions and these advertising services. To measure the effectiveness of our ads, these companies may also use tracer tags or web beacons to account for certain information regarding your visits to our Website and to the websites that have links to our site and that advertise it. If so desired, you can deactivate ad personalization and customize the advertisements on the Google Ad Network. Go to https://adssettings.google.com/ to set your preferences.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Exceptions. We may transfer your personal information to:
- service providers, i.e., third parties (or otherwise make your personal information available to them) who provide services on our behalf in Canada, in the United States or abroad, including Google in order to use the various Google Analytics features described herein. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
- business partners: we may disclose your information to our business partners in order to support our business operations and to allow us to provide our products and services to you. These business partners include companies whose products and services integrate with the Services such as Microsoft Cloud Solutions Provider, Amazon AWS Partner Network, Google Suite and Google Cloud and various SAAS applications. We do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
- to entities, organizations and authorities forlegal purposes. In other words, we and our service providers can disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and to prevent actual or suspect loss or harm to persons or property; and/or
- to another entity in connection with a merger or sale including all or part of our company or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control. In that case, we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of the transaction.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented, and we apply administrative, technical and physical measures aiming to protect the personal information in our custody and control against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. While we endeavor to protect and keep private such personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of your personal information against unauthorized disclosure resulting from hardware or software failure or other activities that may compromise the security of your personal information.
We have personal information retention processes designed to retain personal information of our customers for no longer than necessary for the purposes stated above or to otherwise meet legal requirements.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request to access, update, erase, restrict and correct inaccuracies in your personal information that we have in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of any individual seeking access or update to their personal information records.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT TO THE RETENTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE
You may withdraw your consent to our retention, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time by contacting us as set out below in the “Contact us section”. However, if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to respond to your requests, process your requests or provide you with any help regarding the Services.
The Services are offered by Elucidia Group Inc. (doing business as Mondata), a corporation incorporated under the laws of Quebec, Canada.
If you have comments or questions about the way we use your personal information, or if you would like to access, review, update, or correct the personal information in our custody or lodge a complaint regarding our processing of your personal information, please contact us in the manner described below.
Attention of: administration – Elucidia Group
Mailing Address : 825 Lebourgneuf, suite 206, Québec, Québec, G2J 0B9